1.7.13

BELUGA LOVE.




I didn't know what to eat today, so during my visit to the supermarket, I made up my mind. The good thing about a small organic store is that it's well-ordered and it has seasonal fruit and vegetables. After a weekend full of wine, good food and fun, my body kept saying 'please, give me some healthiness!', so I was focusing on heaps of colorful vitamins. I grabbed some beetroot, took three Coeur de Boeuf tomatoes, two red peppers, huge sweet potatoes, a bunch of leeks and... Beluga lentils. Yes. It's. Delicious. These lentils look like Beluga (caviar) and almost taste like it. Okay. I said almost. Whatever, they are scrumptious. I decided to make a salad and a soup (for approx. 4/5 persons). 


SOUP.
3 leeks
2 big sweet potatoes
Vegetable (organic) stock

Cut both into pieces, stir fry the leeks and add the potatoes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Then blend with a stick mixer. Season with sea salt and pepper. 


SALAD.
3,5 small cups of Beluga lentils
7 small cups of water
2 bamboo steam baskets
3 beetroots
1 big Coeur de Boeuf tomato
1 red pepper
1 eggplant
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
A handfull of sprouts

Add lentils to the water. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat low until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Cut the vegetables into cubes and put the beetroot in the steam basket for like 20 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the eggplant. When the lentils are done, mix everything together and finish the salad with lemon and olive oil and sprouts.






No comments:

Post a Comment