21.9.13

3-COURSE DINNER PART I: SEED CRACKERS & TAPENADES



It looks like I only eat really healthy. Actually, I do. But of course, there are times my cravings go crazy. But I always like it when we have friends over and they appreciate my healthy way of cooking. And it's a good practice for me though; tryouts, self invented ideas and recipes-I-am-sure-I-will-never-make-again will be served for my guests. What I made yesterday for them? A 3-course dinner, started with seed crackers and tapenades. 


Ingredients seed crackers
  • 1 cup of sunflower seeds
  • 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
  • 1 cup of flax seeds
  • Filtered water

Put everything together in a bowl. Top up with filtered water and let it soak for 1 hour. Preheat the oven on 130 °C. Spread the dough out on a tray and put it in the oven for 2.5 hours. When the dough feels crispy, the crackers are ready. Break it carefully into pieces. Enjoy!

Ingredients 3 different tapenades 

Guacmole
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 roasted garlic glove (when the crackers are in the oven, just put 3 whole garlic gloves next to them until  they are soft)
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • Some coriander
  • Pinch of sea salt
Olive tapenade
  • 20 green olives
  • 1 roasted garlic glove
  • Some parsley
  • 4 tbsp of cold pressed olive oil
  • Pinch of sea salt 
Sun-dried tomato tapenade
  • 15 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in olive oil)
  • 1 roasted garlic glove
  • Some oregano
  • 2 tbsp of cold pressed olive oil
  • Pinch of sea salt

Put the ingredients for the different tapenades in a food processor and make them as smooth as you want. 








No comments:

Post a Comment