7.3.14

turnips for Isabel.

I've seen them for a while, laying next to the parsnips without any idea of what they actually are. Turnips: 'is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, bulbous taproot.' What to do with it? Either I could cook them or stew them. What should be the difference? What would they taste like? I decided to cook them and make a meal for Isabel. The taste is absolutely soft and slightly sweet. And super healthy too. You can also use it as a side dish, fried in coconut oil with some herbs. I made it a main course, mashed, with some cold pressed olive oil, rosemary, thyme and tarragon. Cut the turnips in cubes and cook them for like 6 minutes. I was really happy she liked it as much as I did. A new recipe for her cookbook. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment